10 January 2007

The Simpsons: Anime style

(click on the picture to make it larger)


I love this: the characters you know and love, all distorted and quasi-demonic.

Anime's gravity-defying hair styles have always intrigued me, thus I love that Lisa's hair looks like it could kill if you get too close. Krusty re-awakens anyone's clown paranoia. Mr. Flanders looks gayer than Smithers (which makes sense, kinda), Marge looks oddly ditsy (which makes kinda no sense at all), and Mr. Burns looks older than Methuselah (which really makes sense).

Meanwhile, Otto is a bit vampire-ish, and Sherri & Terri (the purple-haired twins) look downright creppy (kinda "The Ring" meets that stupid Sarah-Michelle Geller movie I never saw).

Big props to TVgasm for leading me to this, and much accolades to the artist for her gorgeous work. If you're interested, here's the original picture and the characters of Futurama in a similar anime style.


(why do I feel like this post is breaking some copyright law somewhere? Ha.)

No comments: